MARITIME TRANSPORT 1971
The 18th Annual Report prepared by the Maritime Transport Committee covers developments of topical interest in the field of shipping during 1971 and, wherever possible, the early part of 1972, and relates recent developments to the longer term trends of international shipping. Chapter I describes international shipping developments during 1971 in the context of national and international shipping policies. Chapters II and III discuss recent trends of shipping demand and supply and Chapter IV surveys developments in the world freight markets and summarizes the trend of shipping costs. The special Chapter V is a report on the development in recent years of "flags of convenience" and on the advantages and problems which registration under such flags creates for shipowners and governments.
- A study by the Maritime Transport Committee.
Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development2001 L Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 150 p.
- Volume: 18
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economic forecasting; Flags of convenience; Shipbuilding; Shipping; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipping forecasts
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00037101
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1974 12:00AM