ANNUAL REPORT OF OPERATIONS UNDER THE AIRPORT AND AIRWAY DEVELOPMENT ACT (7TH) OF 1970 AS AMENDED BY THE AIRPORT AND AIRWAY DEVELOPMENT ACT AMENDMENTS OF 1976
With the enactment of the Airport and Airway Development Act of 1970 the nation moved toward achieving an efficient and safe airport and airways system. Reflecting the role of aviation in the economy and the public benefit derived from safe and efficient operation, that statute (1) found the airport and airway system inadequate to meet the requirements of the then current and projected growth in aviation, (2) declared substantial expansion and improvement was required to meet the demands of interstate commerce, the postal service, and national defense, and (3) established an expanded program of federal matching grants to sponsors of airports serving commercial and general aviation. Moreover, the Act established a system of user taxes paid into a trust fund to provide an assured, long-term source of funding. Section 24 of the Airport and Airway Development Act requires that the Secretary, Department of Transportation, submit an annual report to Congress of operations under Part II of the Act for the preceeding fiscal year. This report covers operation for the fiscal year ending June 30, 1976 and e Transition Quarter ending September 30, 1976.
- See also AD-A019 153.
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Airport operations; Airports; Aviation safety; Civil aviation; Economics; Federal aid; General aviation; Jet propelled aircraft; Legislation; Planning; Research management; Systems engineering
- Identifier Terms: Airport and Airway Development Act; Airport and Airway Trust Fund
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport and airway trust
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00165954
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 20 1978 12:00AM