INTEGRATED TUG-BARGE SYSTEMS--BACKGROUND AND DESIGN SERVICES
The successful design of several integrated tug barge systems suitable for canal, Great Lakes and ocean use are presented along with their operating history. The first unit by this designer was put in service in 1950. The detail design of succeeding units are presented along with the patent aspects of integrated tug-barge systems. A proposed design for a 50,000 dwt unit and a comparison with a typical tanker shows first cost and operating economies.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge trains; Barges; Tug ship interaction; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge design; Tug barge operations; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00037100
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Sharp (George G) Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1972 12:00AM