ANALYSIS OF THE VELOCITY FIELD INDUCED BY SELECTED STRAIGHT-LINED VORTEX SYSTEMS
A velocity field induced by a system consisting of infinitely long straight-lined vortices distributed evenly over a cylinder, and a single vortex rotating in the opposite direction, located on the cylinder axis, is analysed. The shape of the vortex singularities is analysed in detail, and the mean values of the induced velocities and coefficients for the angular momentum and energy of flow are defined and determined.
- From the Collected Papers of the Marine Propeller Division.
Institute of Fluid Flow MachineryGdansk, Poland
- Koronowicz, T
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamics; Propellers; Vortices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller theory; Vortex theory; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165877
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM