ECONOMICS, INFLATION AND AUTOMATION
The development of interactive automation as against 19th and 20th century mechanisation makes it vital to understand the interplay between the capital cost of automation, usage rates and the possibilities for versatile automation. The importance of such factors is amplified even further when subjected to the pressures of an inflationary environment. This paper attempts to take a global view of these interacting forces so as to create a balanced picture for the understanding of such effects.
- Presented in England, May 17th-20th, 1977.
Movement 77Economic and Effective Materials Handling
- Heginbotham, W B
- Matong, F B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cargo handling; Costs; Economic analysis; Economics; Inflation; Materials management
- Old TRIS Terms: Capitalized costs
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00165876
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 9 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM