CURRENT TRENDS IN DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF CONCRETE SHIPS
The paper deals with design criteria now being developed to serve as a basis for rational design, as well as new materials such as very high strength concretes, light-weight concrete, fibers and polymers. Launching techniques and impact strength are also discussed.
- Presented at the Conference in London, March 3-4, 1977.
Concrete Ships and Floating Structures 77London, England
- Gerwick, B C
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Concrete; Design; Launching; Offshore terminals; Petroleum; Petroleum terminals; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete ships; Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165872
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM