THE STRUCTURAL APPRAISAL OF CONCRETE SHIPS
A variety of vessels for which the less favourable deadweight/displacement ratio of concrete ships will not have a deciding influence are identified, and some probable applications are stated. A brief evaluation of steel ships is given, and structural design criteria for concrete ships are reviewed in some detail.
- Presented at the Conference in London on March 3-4, 1977.
Concrete Ships and Floating Structures 77London, England
- Rapo, B
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Design; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Ships; Structural design; Tankers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete ships; Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165868
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM