SOME PROBLEMS OF SCALE EFFECT IN CAVITATION INVESTIGATIONS AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON THE METHODICS OF THE SHIP PROPELLER EXPERIMENTS IN CAVITATION TUNNEL
Two problems are considered: 1) the wall effect of the measuring section on the cavitation model tests and 2) the effect of the pressure field induced in the slipstream of the propeller hub on the propeller thrust. Appropriate corrections and experimental methods are proposed.
- From the Collected Papers of the Marine Propeller Division.
Institute of Fluid Flow MachineryGdansk, Poland
- Koronowicz, T
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Pressure fields; Propellers; Wall effect
- Uncontrolled Terms: Scale effect
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 8 1977 12:00AM