HYDRODYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF SYSTEMS OF HELICAL VORTICES WITH VORTEX CORES OF FINITE DIMENSIONS
The relations between the velocity field induced far behind the propeller and the external forces representing a screw propeller generating this field are derived. The model adopted for calculations is based on a system of concentrated vortices with cavitation singularities of a vortex core. Examples of applications are given.
- From the Collected Papers of the Marine Propeller Division.
Institute of Fluid Flow MachineryGdansk, Poland
- Koronowicz, T
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamics; Vortices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Vortex theory; Wake analysis
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165839
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 8 1977 12:00AM