THE CHOICE OF PROPELLER DESIGN PARAMETERS WITH RESPECT TO CAVITATION CONTROL
Results are given of a study of how the type and extent of cavitation on screw propellers, working in wake flows, are influenced by different values of propeller geometry and propeller-operation parameters.
- Presented at the Symposium on Hydrodynamics of the Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, 1977, Session 2. Also available from Engineering Societies Library.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Van Oossanen, P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Propellers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller design; Propeller geometry
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165836
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 8/1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 8 1977 12:00AM