THE INFLUENCE OF AXIAL LOCATION OF PROPELLERS IN A TANDEM CO-ROTATING PROPELLER SET ON THEIR HYDRODYNAMIC CHARACTERISTIC
Investigations showed that the hydrodynamic characteristics of the front and rear propellers in a tandem co-rotating propeller set are closely related to the velocity field induced by these propellers. Cavitation patterns as affected by the axial distance between the propellers were also studied.
- From the Collected Papers of the Marine Propeller Division.
Institute of Fluid Flow MachineryGdansk, Poland
- Tuszkowska, T
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- Issue Number: 69
- TRT Terms: Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Contrarotating propellers; Hydrodynamics; Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller position
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165835
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 8 1977 12:00AM