EVALUATION OF ALTERNATIVE CONCEPTS FOR PRIORITY USE OF URBAN FREEWAYS IN TEXAS
This report presents an evaluation of priority techniques for Texas freeways, including exclusive lanes, contraflow reserved lanes, concurrent flow reserved lanes, priority entry and priority treatment on frontage roads. A literature review was conducted, and from this, characteristics of priority techniques on U. S. freeways were documents. Based on analysis of these data, an evaluation of techniques was made for Texas freeways. /Author/
- Sponsored by Texas State Department of Highways an Public Transportation.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Urbanik II, Thomas
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Freeways; Frontage roads; Reviews; Routes; Strategic planning; Traffic lanes; Urban areas
- Old TRIS Terms: Reserved routes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00165805
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-10-74-205-1 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study No. 2-10-74-20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1981 12:00AM