INSURANCE FOR URBAN TRANSPORTATION CONSTRUCTION
This report investigates insurance programs for urban transportation construction, including subways, and establishes guidelines by which an authority owner can choose the insurance program which best serves the needs dictated by the conditions and factors of the specific job. An optimal insurance program combines lowest costs, highest standards, and most effective administration. There are many possible tradeoffs, thus, the decision is complex. An analysis of insurance programs is presented; e.g., coordinated and conventional, witholding policies, deductibles, liability, Completed Operations Coverage and other possible coverage combinations. Various forms of insurance are discussed, as are programs for general construction safety. Innovative variations of Coordinated Insurance Programs are explored. The results are decision-making guidelines for owners for managing risk in urban transportation construction.
Cresheim Company, Incorporated1408 East Mermaid Lane
Philadelphia, PA United States 19118
- Barrett, J E
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Construction management; Construction projects; Construction safety; Costs; Hazards; Insurance; Legal factors; Risk analysis; Risk assessment; Safety; Subways; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Highways; Law; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165763
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0025-7713Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1159
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 13 1982 12:00AM