A TRANSIENT ELASTIC-PLASTIC THERMAL STRESS ANALYSIS OF FLAME FORMING
The work described here is part of a large experimental and theoretical program directed at obtaining a better understanding of the mechanics of flame bending. A capability for predicting the transient behavior of a line heated plate during heating and cooling is presented. Material properties are temperature dependent. Elastic-plastic stress-strain relations are used. Material unloading from the plastic range is treated. Deformations of a plate are predicted at various times during heating and cooling and compared with experimental results. The analysis is also carried out for consecutive heating and cooling cycles.
- Copies available until June, 1973. Price is $1.00 for members.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Iwamura, Y
- Rybicki, E F
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Forging; Forming; Plastic deformation; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Flame bending; Flame forming
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035995
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Structure Committee
- Report/Paper Numbers: 72-PVP-20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 1973 12:00AM