BUS/CARPOOL LANES ROUTE 101 MARIN COUNTY EVALUATION REPORT, DECEMBER 1974-DECEMBER 1976
This report evaluates the operation of the High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes on Route 101 between the Richardson Bay Bridge and Greenbrae in Marin County. It covers the operation of the HOV lanes while operated as exclusive bus lanes only ad as lanes reserved for buses and carpools of three or more occupants. The report discusses the HOV lanes impact on travel, modal shift, highway operation, bus transit operation, safety, air quality, energy consumption, and public reaction to the HOV lanes. /FHWA/
California Department of Transportation1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Bus lanes; Carpools; Fuel consumption; Impact studies; Mode choice; Public opinion; Public transit; Routes; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Modal selection; Reserved routes
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00165737
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/PL/77/1021 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 7 1981 12:00AM