AN ACCURACY STUDY OF THE AXLE WEIGHT ANALYSER
During the evaluation of the Axle Weight Analyser sensor, which followed detail modifications to the weighing platform in order that its reliability and waterproofing be improved, approximately 7,000 static and dynamic measurements were taken with four sensors at five different sites, to be used to establish accuracy specifications for this equipment. Comparisons were also made between sensors placed at the same positions on a number of points at these sites. The accuracy obtained is presented in different forms to accommodate the requirements of different design methods and the facilitate the choice of the best specification. /Author/
National Institute for Transport & Rd Res, S AfrP.O. Box 395
Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa
- BASSON, JEB
- Slavik, M M
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Design methods; Measurement; Reliability; Sensors; Specifications; Waterproofing; Weight
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165548
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RP/3/75 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM