PROCEDURES FOR DEVELOPMENT OF CBR DESIGN CURVES
The pattern of design relations for flexible pavements was established and reported in WES Instruction Report 4. This pattern has been modified in recent years and new relations established. This report presents the current procedures for determining flexible pavement thickness requirements. The CBR-thickness relationship can be portrayed by an equation or by a combined CBR curve. This report shows how, by use of equivalent single-wheel loads, the single-wheel design criteria can be applied to any multiple-wheel configuration. Means are also presented for developing either single-wheel or mutliple. A detailed example demonstrating equivalent single-wheel load determinations, pass-per-coverage relationships, and thickness requirements is presented. /Author/
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Pereira, A T
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: California bearing ratio; Design; Flexible pavements; Pavement design; Pavements; Specifications; Thickness; Wheel loads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Pavement thickness
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00165547
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. S-77-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 30 1978 12:00AM