THE EFFECTS OF BASE METAL NOTCH ORIENTATION AND ACUITY AND WELD POROSITY ON THE DYNAMIC TEAR TOUGHNESS OF A514F STEEL
The effects of weld porosity on the dynamic tear properties of 514F steel butt welds were assessed in a program which conducted dynamic tear tests in six areas of experimentation: (1) the base plate steel in the longitudinal and transverse orientations; (2) sound weld metal; (3) weld metal containing clustered porosity; (4) weld metal containing linear porosity; (5) stress-relieved weld metal; and (6) base metal in the longitudinal and transverse directions having fatigue precracked notches. /Author/
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Cox, E P
- Publication Date: 1977-2
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Base metal; Dynamics; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Porosity; Steel; Tear strength; Vision; Weld metal
- Old TRIS Terms: Notch
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00165523
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Report M-201 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM