LATERAL DISTRIBUTION ON TRAFFIC LOADS ON SLAB BRIDGES
TVAERFORDELING AF TRAFIKLAST PA PLADEBROER
The load in question is the concentrated part of the live load as prescribed in the preliminary load regulations on May 1974 from the Danish road authorities. It consists of two tiple-axlded load groups of 780 kN and 390 kN, respectively. This investigation is based on simple supported, full-section slabs having isotropic elastic properties. Using the finite element mehtod, the internal bending moments per unit length, are calculated in a number of cases within a suitable range of span lengths and widths and the groups being placed in the central part as well as along the edge. The computation of the distribution width and the values of the transverse moment are described, and the effect of skew and skew angle are discussed.
Danish State Road LaboratoryCopenhagen K, Denmark
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bending moments; Bridge decks; Finite element method; Isotropy; Live loads; Physical distribution; Regulations; Skewed structures; Traffic loads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Skew angle
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law;
- Accession Number: 00165521
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report No. 22
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM