REPORT ON THE LAYING AND RESULTS OF THE INITIAL INSPECTIONS OF A ROAD EXPERIMENT ON P131/1: DELMAS-LESLIE TO EVALUATE THE EFFECT OF GRADING AND BINDER VARIATIONS ON THE SKID RESISTANCE OF SLURRY SEALS
This report describes the laying of a slurry seal experiment on the road between Delmas and Leslie. The principle objective of the experiment is to compare the skid resistance values of different gradings of stone used in the slurry seal. Other variables under study include the type of binder and the incorporation of asbestos into the mix. Results of laboratory tests on binder, aggregate, cement and asbestos are included as well as a cost analysis of the various surfacings. Panel assessments of the condition of the surfacings after one and three months are also given. /Author/
National Institute for Transport & Rd Res, S AfrP.O. Box 395
Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa
- Parrock, A L
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: Appendices; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Analysis; Asbestos; Binders; Cement; Costs; Grading (Earthwork); Laboratory tests; Skid resistance; Slurry seals; Stone; Surfacing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Grading
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00165504
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RC/4/76 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 13 1978 12:00AM