MAINE FACILITY RESEARCH SUMMARY: RESULTS 1973-1976
An overview of the Maine Facility--a two-lane rural highway test site--is presented, and past experimentation conducted at the facility is summarized. Experiments briefly described include Speed Control in Rural School Zones, Evaluation of Speed Control Signs for Small Rural Towns, Narrow Bridge Warning Devices, Flashing Traffic Control Devices at Intersections, and Passive Signing at Railroad Crossings. /Author/
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/HW701R7201
- Sponsored by the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration HRS 33.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- KOZIOL, J S
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Experiments; Intersections; Railroad grade crossings; Rural highways; Schools; Small towns; Speed control; Traffic control devices; Traffic signs; Two lane highways; Warning systems
- Geographic Terms: Maine
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00165488
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- ISBN: HW701/R7201
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-77- 54 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM