ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS FROM OFFSHORE EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION OF OIL AND GAS
The report gives some information on offshore oil and gas in terms of reserves, geographical distribution and production, and on the possible evironmental impacts in terms of oil pollution of the oceans, onshore impacts oand occupational hazards. It then treats, to some extent, the following subjects: (a) Large accidental spills from offshore platforms and pipelines; (b) Chronic pollution resulting from offshore activities; (c) Legislation concerning the structural integrity of offshore structures; (d) Probability of occurrence of oil spills; (3) Onshore effects from offshore activity.
- There is very limited free availability of this document.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)2, rue André Pascal
Paris, France 75775 Paris Cedex 16
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazard evaluation; Legislation; Monitoring; Offshore construction; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Probability; Spills (Pollution)
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill monitoring; Spill probability
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Law; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00165481
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM