RDT&E PLAN FOR MARINE SAFETY
This report presents the results of a study of future research needs in marine safety and environmental protection. Principal output of the study is an RDT&E plan describing work that would provide effective research support for the Coast Guard's marine safety activities. The most significant feature of the plan is that it combines the research needs of all the Coast Guard's organizational subdivisions relating to marine safety and environmental protection into a single, integrated plan of action. The plan is composed of fourteen project areas, each addressing a major problem in marine safety such as "Vessel Collisions" or "Identification of Pollution Spills." The project areas are subdivided into projects, and then tasks.
Battelle Columbus LaboratoriesTactical Technology Center
Columbus, OH USA 43201
- Cheaney, E S
- Leis, R D
- Coyle, A J
- Publication Date: 1977-5
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Marine safety; Maritime law; Offshore platforms; Policy; Port operations; Safety; Safety engineering; Vessel traffic control; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Project evaluation
- Old TRIS Terms: Maritime regulation; Platform safety; Water pollution prevention
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-34-77 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM