PREDICTION OF MOTION, STABILITY, AND WAVE LOAD OF SMALL-WATERPLANE-AREA, TWIN-HULL SHIPS
Analytical methods for predicting motion in waves, vertical-plane stability, and wave loads of small-waterplane-area, twin-hull ships are presented. Correlation of analytical results with model experimental results is made, and pertinent discussions about the validity of the analytical methods are presented. The general good agreement between analytical and experimental results demonstrates that the major dynamic characteristics of a SWATH ship can be reliably predicted by the anaytical methods introduced here.
- Presented at the Annual Meeting, New York, New York, November 10-12, 1977.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Lee, C M
- Curphey, R M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Loads; Motion; Ship motion; Stability (Mechanics); Studies; SWATH ships; Twin hulled ships; Water waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Motion studies; Ship stability; Wave loads
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165444
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM