Describes the method used for the efficient management of transocean voyages. Each routing consists of three phases: (1) Voyage planning and route selection; (2) Enroute weather advisory and course guidance; (3) Voyage analysis. It proves the Master with weather knowledge extending ahead of his daily enroute position with accuracy for 3 days ahead, close approximation for 7 days ahead and good estimates for 14 days ahead. It is designed for the individual ship with its own sea response characteristics, on a specific voyage, with a given cargo, conditions of trim, speed, and schedule.
- Information from Webbs Seminar on Ship Operation in Heavy Weather.
Oceanroutes, Incorporated3260 Hillview Avenue
Palo Alto, CA United States 94304
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Routing; Ships; Trade routes; Weather routing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship routing
- Old TRIS Terms: Ocean route analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165439
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Oceanroutes, Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM