DEVELOPMENT OF ONE-SIDE WELDING IN SHIPBUILDING
Application of this method covers plate jointing of panels at fabrication stage, curved shell plate jointing at assembly stage and fixing skin plate and stiffeners for block joint weld at erection stage. One-side welding is done by use of a special automatic welder including the backing equipment and the specific jig. Welding at erection stage, however, presents a problem of how to transfer this equipment. The Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Company developed a "work unit," making it possible to install a special automatic welder with an oil hydraulic jig for fitting.
- IIW (Intl Inst of Weld) Public Sess and Met Tech Conf, Sydney, Australia, 21-28 August 1976.
International Institute of Welding,
- Nakamuta, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Shipbuilding; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic welding systems; Backing (Welding); One side welding
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00165411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 4 Conf Proc
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM