COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN THE AUTOMATION OF SHIPYARD OPERATION AND SHIP DESIGN, 2ND, 1976
Fifty four papers by various authors are presented. The topics discussed include: interactive graphic approach to ship design; numerical methods in a shipyard; product oriented data base in shipbuilding; standardization in computer applications in shipbuilding; design procedure for subdivision of tankers satisfying IMCO regulations. General purpose software for optimization in ship design; computer-aided methods in optimization of propulsion machinery; data generation for use in finite element analysis of ship structure; grillage structures; computerized process for the classification of ships; managerial information systems; production definition systems; production technology systems; computer controls for flame cutting machines; computer control systems for materials handling; butt welding automation; and computer aided production.
- Computer Application in Ships and Shipbuilding, V4, Proceeding of the IFIP (Intl Fed of Inf Process)/IFAC/SSI (Swed Soc for Inf Process) Joint Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, 8-11 June 1976.
North Holland Publishing CompanyJan van Galenstraat 335
- Jacobsson, A
- Boorgstrom, F
- Williams, T J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 447 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Automation; Cargo handling equipment; Computer aided design; Computer programs; Design; Information processing; Materials management; Naval architecture; Production; Production control; Ship classification; Shipbuilding; Ships; Shipyards; Tanker shipping; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Shipbuilding); Shipyard automation; Tanker subdivision
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Proc
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM