SHIP SYSTEM SAFETY ANALYSIS
The paper discusses the "Before-The-Fact" safety analysis program based on "Identify/Analyze/Prevent". It reviews the three parameters of any hazard: severity, probability and the resources required to eliminate or control the hazard. The tendency to overlook known hazards is criticized.
- Presented at the Conference on Nuclear Merchant Ship Propulsion in New York, May 18-22, 1975.
Int'l Conf on Nuclear Merchant Ship PropulsionNew York, NY USA
- Mathieu, C E
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Hazard evaluation; Nuclear powered ships; Risk analysis; Safety engineering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165389
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM