THE NEXT COMMERCIAL JET TRANSPORT: THE NEED, ECONOMICS, TECHNOLOGY, & FINANCING
The nine papers presented were initiated by the interest on the part of economists, engineers, airlines and the financial community in the impending mandatory modification or replacement of airline equipment. Three papers (The Next Commercial Transport - What? When? Why?: The American Airlines View; An Optimistic View of the Plan Facts; and the Next Generation Commercial Aircraft - International Perspective) addressed the varying needs of the airlines as to size, mission and economics. The banker's view of the future financing prospects of the airlines is outlined in another paper. Technical experts presented papers covering the role of the powerplant and the lead time necessary to develop and provide a new engine. A panel of design and planning engineers outlined their plans for future aircraft and discussed them in terms of today's air transportation environment.
- Papers present at the Air Transportation Research International Forum, San Francisco, California, May 9, 1977.
Northwestern University, EvanstonTransportation Center, Leverone Hall
Evanston, IL United States 60201
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Airlines; Economics; Electric power plants; Engines; Finance; Jet propelled aircraft; Technology; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft design; Aircraft engines
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Economics; Finance; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165308
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM