INDUSTRY WAGE SURVEY: SHIPBUILDING AND REPAIRING, SEPTEMBER 1976
One of a series on individual industries, the report surveys shipbuilding and repair yards and provides the following data: 4 tables showing average earnings by occupation and region, and the distribution of workers by earnings and benefits in the different regions; and 18 tables that present the number of workers and average hourly earnings by occupation, the percentage distribution of workers by average hourly earnings, method of wage payment, scheduled weekly hours, shift differential provisions and practices, hazard pay provisions and practices, sea-trial pay provision, paid holidays and vacations, health insurance and retirement plans, and other selected benefits.
Bureau of Labor Statistics441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20212
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Shipyard personnel; Shipyards; Socioeconomic factors; Surveys; Wages; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard employment; Social-economic studies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00165306
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM