A COMPARISON STUDY BETWEEN TUG-BARGE SYSTEMS AND CONVENTIONAL SHIPS IN SELECTED U.K.-CONTINENTAL TRADE
The report provides a comparison between conventional shipping and both push and line towing methods, a general technical appraisal of push and line towing systems, and an operational comparison between the three methods in three selected short sea trades. Technical data for each type of vessel used, details of capital and running costs for each method in the three trades are given.
Kingston Marine Tech and Trans Research LimitedNewark Works
Port Glasgow, Re nfrewshire, ZZ Scotland
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge operations; Economics; Shipping; Tug ship interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge economics; Shipping economics; Tug barge operations; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00035928
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Ports Council
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 1973 12:00AM