SAFE MANOEUVRING OF SUPPLY SHIPS. A CONTRIBUTION
This article describes the Poscon System, an integrated manoeuvring control system that replaces the multitude of conventional control levers with a single joystick and an automatic heading control. The system described can benefit the inherent safety of supply ship operation by simplifying the control of the ship.
- Presented at the Conference in London, September, 1976.
International Offshore Craft Conference (2nd)London, England
- Liaaen, N J
- Svino, E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automatic vessel control; Integrated systems; Maneuvering; Ship pilotage; Supply vessels
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165273
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM