SOPHISTICATED AUTOPILOTS FOR OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS
A new method of steering a ship has been tested on board a seagoing passenger ferry between Sweden and Finland. The method reduces the uncertainty factor when a ship turns and has been specially designed for improving navigation in coastal archipelagoes and narrow fairways. This paper describes the system in some detail and presents results of practical tests.
International Offshore Craft Conference (2nd)London, England
- Oldenburg, J
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Automatic pilot; Automatic pilot; Automatic vessel control; Maneuvering; Steering
- Old TRIS Terms: Restricted water operation; Shipboard automation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165271
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM