FATIGUE ANALYSIS OF STEEL OFFSHORE STRUCTURES
An evaluation of fatigue failure potential in joints and members is required at an early stage in the design of steel offshore towers. This results from the typical contracting plan adopted to minimise the design/construction period, compressing them into a concurrent period. The Authors develop some simplified equations, both deterministic and spectral, for making this early evaluation. Introducing more precise data as the design developes permits the extension of the early fatigue evaluations to confirm the ultimate design, using the same general approach.
London, United Kingdom SW1P 3AA
- Williams, A K
- Rinne, J E
- Publication Date: 1976-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- Volume: 60
- TRT Terms: Failure; Offshore structures; Steel; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00165267
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM