HIGH PERFORMANCE EPICYCLIC GEARS FOR GAS TURBINES
The history and explanation of hte Cinti-BHS load equalisation system for epicyclic gears is discussed in detail, Equations for relating gearbox size and weight are presented for parallel shaft and epicyclic gears. A derivation for the maximum ratio for the number of planets is also included.
- Presented at the Gas Turbine and Fluids Engineering Conference, New Orleans, March 21-25, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Imwalle, D E
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Epicyclic gears; Gas turbines; Gear teeth; Load transfer
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear tooth loading
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165263
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM