PORT STRUCTURES--AN ANALYSIS OF COSTS AND DESIGN OF QUAY WALLS, LOCKS AND TRANSIT SHEDS
General factors influencing maritime structure costs are highlighted and recommendation made by the consultants which should enable engineers to reduce the cost of quay walls, locks and to a lesser extent, transit sheds. In presenting the results of comparative studies in Britain and overseas, consultants have indicated in broad terms ranges of cost within which it would be generally possible to construct quay walls and locks under a wide range of conditions.
Bertlin and Partners, Consulting Engineers16-18 Station Road
Redhill, Surrey, England
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 216 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Locks (Waterways); Marine terminals; Port structures; Ports; Quays; Transit sheds (Wharves)
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit sheds
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00035924
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Ports Council
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 20 1974 12:00AM