PHYSICALLY-BASED MODEL TO PREDICT RUNOFF UNDER VARIABLE RAIN INTENSITY
Physically-based rain infiltration models are useful in predicting time and amount of potential runoff. A simple and universal physical model for describing infiltration in uniform soils under variable rainfall is presented. The model is tested against others and a close agreement is found. Model applications are also included.
- Presented at the Winter Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 14-17, 1976.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI United States 49085
- Hachum, A Y
- Alfaro, J F
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Infiltration; Mathematical models; Measurement; Moisture meters; Rain; Rainfall; Runoff; Soils
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Rainfall intensity
- Old TRIS Terms: Analogies; Moisture determination
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00165225
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASAE 76-2538
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM