SOUND LEVEL OF HIGHWAY TRUCK TIRES -- SAE J57
This SAE Recommended Practice establishes a test procedure for measuring the sound level produced by tires intended primarily for highway use on motor trucks, truck tractors, trailers and semitrailers, and buses. The procedure provides for the measurement of the sound generated by a set of test tires, mounted on the rear axle operated at 50 mph (80 km/h) and at maximum rated tire load. Specifications for the instrumentation, the test site, and the operation of the test vehicle are set forth to minimize the effects of extraneous sound sources and to define the basis of reported levels.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Heavy vehicles; Highway travel; Instrumentation; Measurement; Noise; Sound level; Specifications; Standards; Testing; Tires; Traffic noise; Trucks; Trusses
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic variables measurement; American national standard; Constant volume mould; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM