CHARACTERIZATION OF MULTIFUNCTIONAL CATALYSTS FOR AUTOMOTIVE EXHAUST PURIFICATION
The basic working principles and the different types of multifunctional catalysts for "three way systems" are reviewed. Test methods for multifunctional catalysts characterizing activity and stability are described. Ageing procedures in air may cause problems with rhodium containing multifunctional catalysts. Different surface oxidation states of rhodium depending on pretreatment conditions were detected in multifunctional catalysts. The influence of those oxidation states on activity is discussed.
- Preprint for meeting held Feb. 28-March 4, 1977.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- KOBERSTEIN, E
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobiles; Catalysts; Control; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Oxidation; Purification; Stability (Mechanics); Surface treating; Testing; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165180
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770366 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM