BATTERY POWERED JEEP AND VAN PERFORMANCE
A postal jeep and a commercial delivery van were evaluated. Energy data from operation over a test loop and various grades is presented for zero to 15 mph start/stop and 30 mph range runs. Test results are summarized in a graph for prediction of remaining miles based on route terrain. Jeep regenerative braking is discussed. A high power electrical simulator was used to reproduce a mountainous terrain load profile. The simulator was programmed with magnetic tapes made up from actual field recordings. This verified calculations, gave additional battery information and eliminated the need for a mountainous terrain test track.
- Preprint for meeting held Feb. 28-March 4, 1977.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Dowgiallo Jr, E J
- Snellings, I R
- Blake, W H
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Driving simulators; Electric batteries; Electric power; Electric vehicles; Electrical equipment; Performance; Regenerators; Storage batteries; Testing; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Storage battery vehicles
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165179
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770387 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1978 12:00AM