TRENDS IN JAPANESE DIESEL ENGINES AND THEIR LUBRICATION
In Japan there is a large and growing number of diesel engines used in commercial vehicles and construction equipment. This paper reports the recent Japanese trends related to these automotive diesel engines and diesel engine oils. In addition, Japanese diesel engine emission regulations are discussed as well as the relation between lubricant performance and emissions. Promising methods for controlling emissions and future trends in lubricant quality are also discussed.
- Preprint for meeting, October 18-20, 1976.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Sakamoto, K
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Commercial vehicles; Consultants; Diesel engines; Lubricating oils; Lubrication; Pollutants; Regulations; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165148
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 760720 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1978 12:00AM