A special sealing arrangement makes it possible to remove the propeller in the water, after which it is swung free from the ship and hoisted to the surface for repair. The method eliminates costly and time consuming docking procedures.
Styret for det industrielle rettsvernMiddelthunsgt 15B, P.O. Box 8160 Dep
Oslo 1, Norway
- Liaaen, A M
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Patents; Propellers; Seals (Devices); Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller removal; Propeller repair
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165110
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM