INVESTIGATION ON THE DUCTED PROPELLER CAVITATION AND THE DUCT EROSION PREVENTION BY THE AIR INJECTION SYSTEM
The results of full scale investigations are presented including cavity thickness contours on the propeller blades obtained by analysing the stereo photos, and the effect of air injection is discussed from various aspects.
- Presented at the Symposium on Hydrodynamics of Ship and Offshore Propulsion Systems in Hovik outside Oslo, March 20-25, Session 3.
Norske VeritasGrenseveien 92, Etterstad
Oslo 6, Norway
- Narita, H
- Kunitake, Y
- Publication Date: 1977
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Air injection systems; Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Ducted propellers; Erosion; Propellers; Soil stabilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Air injection; Erosion protection
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165097
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 11/3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM