COMPILATION OF EXECUTIVE SUMMARIES. EXECUTIVE SUMMARIES OF SEVEN ISSUE PAPERS IN THE STUDY OF RAIL MERGERS AND CONSOLIDATIONS
This paper is a compilation of the Executive Summaries of a series of seven issue papers: Service (Report 1); Impact on Other Carriers (2); Labor Impact (3); Environmental and Community Impact (4); Role of Government (5); Defense (6); and Alternatives to Merger (7). These papers have been prepared to review the advantages and disadvantages of mergers, to identify the principal problems involved; and to propose solutions to the problems identified.
Interstate Commerce CommissionRail Services Planning Office
Washington, DC United States 20423
- Publication Date: 1977-8-2
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Bankruptcy; Collective bargaining; Competition; Consolidations; Environmental impacts; Industry structure; Joint use; Mergers; Military shipments; Socioeconomic factors; Trackage rights; Traffic managers; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976; U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint facilities; Military traffic; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Policy; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00165092
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM