ENVIRONMENTAL AND COMMUNITY IMPACT. RAIL MERGER STUDY. ISSUE PAPER NUMBER 4
This paper is concerned with the environmental and community impacts of rail mergers. Chapter I attempts to put into perspective the different types of community and environmental impacts which may result from a rail merger. Chapter II contains a discussion of the statutory and regulatory framework for consideration of impacts. Chapter III discusses some problems with regard to the evaluation process. The goal is to identify the actual environmental and community impacts of mergers, relative significance of the different impacts and assessment methods which may be used.
Interstate Commerce CommissionRail Services Planning Office
Washington, DC United States 20423
- Publication Date: 1977-9-7
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Consolidations; Environmental impacts; Industry structure; Legislation; Mergers; Regulations; Socioeconomic factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Environment; Law; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00165088
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Issue Paper 4
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM