TECHNICAL PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL RAILROAD TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER SEMINAR. NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA, JANUARY, 1977
Contents: Welcome and introduction to FRA's International Technology Exchange Program, R.E. Parsons; An overview of Department of Transportation's International Cooperation Program, B.A. Ramundo; Observations of 1975 U.S. Railroad Electrification Delegation visit to USSR, M.D. Meeker; Status of European electric traction technology, A.N. Addie; Recent European advances in achieving unity power factor, M. Guarino; A summary of U.S.-Poland cooperative research programs in railroad technology, R.M. McCafferty; Track maintenance and safety in the USSR, R.F. Beck; Observations of the USSR Shcherbinka Test Track Facility and the Lossino-Ostrovskaya Track Buckling Facility, D.P. McConnell; Rail practices in the USSR, D.H. Stone; Rail flaw detection, state-of-the-art in the USSR and its possible U.S. application, H. Ceccon; Track performance in the USSR, R.M. McCafferty; Concluding remarks, R.E. Parsons.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Defects; Detection and identification; Electric locomotives; International; International compacts; Maintenance of way; Rail (Railroads); Railroad electrification; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Research; Safety; Technology; Test facilities; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rail flaw detection
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Lossino-ostrovskaya test track; Shcherbinka test track; Track research; Track response investigations; Track safety; Unity power factor
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00165083
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM