COST ASPECTS OF ELEVATED GUIDEWAY DESIGN
The paper presents some of the cost-saving features incorporated in current optimum guideway designs, identifies the general areas where cost-reductions may be initiated and summarizes guideway costs for the majority of present day vehicle systems. Innovative design concepts aimed at Personal Rapid Transit systems are discussed.
- Presented at the International Conference on Personal Rapid Transit, Denver, Colorado, September 16-19, 1975.
University of Colorado, BoulderCenter for Urban Transportation Studies
Boulder, CO United States 80302
- Prestegaard, E
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Elevated guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00165031
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 2, Pap 35 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM