COST AND PERFORMANCE RELATIONSHIPS FOR RUBBER TIRED AUTOMATED SYSTEM DESIGN
The paper discusses the cost sensitivity of the vehicle/elevated guideway system to the important vehicle operational and performance characteristics. For the vehicle system, relationships for obtaining a first cut cost estimate of an electrically driven automated rubber tired vehicle as a function of the vehicle's physical & operating characteristics are presented. Also presented are important vehicle performance characteristics that affect the fleet size and hence the vehicle system capital cost.
- Presented at the International Conference on Personal Rapid Transit, Denver, Colorado, September 16-19, 1975.
University of Colorado, BoulderCenter for Urban Transportation Studies
Boulder, CO USA 80302
- Putukian, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automated guideway transit; Costs; Ground vehicles; Intelligent transportation systems; Tires; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Automated guideway systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00165029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 2, Pap 34 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM