EQUIPMENT SUPPLIER'S VIEW ON REGULATIONS
Equipment suppliers have both generated and accommodated to evolutionary changes as regulations evolved with advances in the state-of-the-art. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards have revolutionized the equipment suppliers' interest in Regulations. The scope and activity of groups within the NHTSA is reviewed to show the impact of the performance, design and quality assurance aspects of such Standards at the equipment supplier level. Compliance and defect responsibilities are discussed. Specific examples have been selected from experience with FMVSS 121 - Air Brake Systems.
- Preprint for meeting held August 9-12, 1976.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Kourik, J W
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceptance tests; Automobiles; Defects; Equipment; Quality assurance; Regulations; Safety; Safety factors; Standards; Suppliers; Traffic crashes; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance; Vehicles
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00164983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 760593 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM