SIMULATION'S POTENTIAL ROLE IN ADVANCED AIRCRAFT CERTIFICATION
It is the opinion of the FAA that future developments in air transportation will introduce significantly greater complexity into the aircraft and the operating system than now exists. Past experience with simulation techniques indicate they contain the potential of contributing significantly to the safe and rapid introduction of these new technologies. It is the intent of the FAA to explore this potential in detail to ensure that maximum values can be gained thru its exploitation.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting 29 Nov.-2 Dec. 1976.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Cayot, J E
- Harper, C W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft operations; Certification; Intelligent transportation systems; Simulation; Transport aircraft
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Aircraft transport
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00164938
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 760931 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 9 1977 12:00AM